Photo: www.seesaw-foto.com, Jule Halsinger
The topic of the conference is the responsibility of cities and their citizens for Europe with a clear focus on the special challenges for Europe six months prior to the 2019 European elections in May 2019.
The conversation thus focuses on the following aspects:
- Europe affects all of us: we, the European citizens, as well as the elected representatives are responsible for intensifying and strengthening the European integration project.
- We have to develop Europe from the bottom up: Europe is not only driven by institutions and governments but also by citizens themselves.
- European cities and European culture play a fundamental role in determining the future of Europe - particularly at this point in time, when the 2019 European elections are only half a year away.
What have cities and their citizens achieved for Europe? How to increase the impact of civic engagement? How to activate citizens for Europe? How to involve the respective urban community in this commitment? What can cities and their citizens do on a local level to increase participation in the European elections as well as to support pro-European forces? What ideas are available in local structures and networks and how can they be used effectively? What is the role of town twinnings? Which networks on a local and a European level provide an opportunity for collaboration? How to increase the number of cities that are active for Europe, and how to pool their strengths? Which role do the European Capitals of Culture play in these efforts? Which initiatives and projects can be transferred to other European cities?
In addition to a keynote speech, the presentation of a few cities' exemplary strategies and approaches, and the EUROPEAN MARKET PLACE - in which initiatives and projects can present their work - the conference will offer participants various occasions for networking and to exchange experiences. We also look forward to a special intervention by The European Balcony Project.
- → REGISTER HERE!
- → Conference Schedule (English) / Conference Schedule (German)
- → All updates on our Facebook Event
'Cities for Europe' would like to thank the following partners for their support: